Do you have a barn, large rural building or farmhouse? Find out why indoor Barn Owl boxes are best.
Tree Barn Owl boxes are the next best option if no building is available. We frequently receive reports of owlets that have fallen from unsafe nest-places, usually from poorly-designed nestboxes. Fallen owlets are generally ignored by the adults and die. Minimising premature emergence of the owlets and facilitating nestbox re-entry help to keep the owlets safe until they are fully fledged. Our outdoor Barn Owl box is an incredibly safe home for owlets due to its 460mm (18”) drop between the entrance-hole and inside floor. This reduces the ‘fall danger period’ for owlets from 38 days to 9 days. Additionally, the generous Exercise Platform has an easy-grip edge that helps clambering young owlets get back inside the box.
More information on Barn Owl boxes for trees.
The nestbox is supplied with a Hanging Kit already fitted. The screws and nails you need are enclosed. At the top and bottom there are recycled plastic “hangers” permanently bolted to the box. The hanging system involves screwing and nailing into a tree so, where possible, please choose a dead tree. An alternative method is to use straps (not supplied), they must be UV-stable (polyester not polypropylene). We suggest 25mm / 800kg ratchet straps supplied by Damar Webbing Products.
- Reduced shipping costs!
Whilst prices elsewhere are increasing, we have managed to reduce the cost of our Outdoor Nestbox delivery charges by changing courier. We are very happy to be able to pass this saving on to our supporters.
- Courier used is FedEx.
- Standard delivery charges are to mainland England, Wales, and Scotland (excluding Highlands & Islands).
- Please call us to discuss delivery to Isle of Wight or Scottish Highlands & Islands before placing your order. These locations incur higher courier fees, which must be paid before dispatch.
- We regret we do not send to Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly or outside of the UK.
- Please note that if you live locally, you are welcome to collect your nestbox from our barn to save on Postage & Packaging. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about this.
- We use as little packing material as possible to minimise our environmental impact. This means your nestbox will likely be visible when delivered.
- Damage in transit: Please do not accept any nestbox that has been damaged by the courier in transit and insist that it be returned to Barn Owl Trust.
All profits help wild Barn Owl conservation – ‘Making a difference’.