This traditional wooden small bird nest box is an improved version of the tried & tested design recommended by the British Trust for Ornithology. An ideal home for Great, Coal and Blue Tits as well as other small hole-nesting birds, such as Pied Flycatchers, Sparrows and Nuthatches.
Hand made by the Barn Owl Trust in Devon, UK.
Size: 230 x 410 x 250mm.
‘Built to last’ using durable, pressure-treated softwood, this bird box has two key improvements:
- Thick torch-on roofing felt (with no nails or piercings) forms the lid-hinge and overhangs the sides, keeping the bird-box nest completely dry, while allowing access for cleaning.
- A metal plate prevents Squirrels or Woodpeckers from widening the entrance hole.
Traditional nesting box design features:
- The nest box lid opens to allow easy access for inspection and cleaning.
- These small bird nestboxes do not have a perch on the front, as this is not necessary for the birds and may even make access easier for predators.
- Ideal homes for Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Sparrows, Nuthatches, Pied Flycatchers and other wild, small hole-nesting birds.
BTO Garden Bird Nest Box Challenge
To get the most out of putting up your nestbox, take part in Nest Box Challenge and help to monitor the breeding success of birds in Britain’s green spaces. To take part, simply register your nest box online with the British Trust for Ornithology and then give regular updates on whether it is used, what types of birds are using it, and the progress of any nests.
Delays due to Covid safety measures:
There may be a delay of up to 2 weeks before dispatch.
Thank you for your patience!
Standard delivery to mainland Britain only. Deliveries to UK Highlands and Islands can be arranged at additional cost. Please contact us.
WE ARE UNABLE TO SEND NESTBOXES TO OTHER COUNTRIES except by special arrangement. Thank you.
All profits help Barn Owl conservation – ‘Making a difference’.