The places where wild animals and birds choose to live is called their habitat.
Here are 10 facts about wild Barn Owl habitat – but each of these sentences has lost a vital word – can you figure out what’s missing?
1. Barn Owls nest in all sorts of countryside buildings, rock crevices or even hollow trees – not just b_ _ _ _!
2. Barn Owls like to n_ _ _ and roost (rest) where they are dry and high up, hidden out of sight.
3. Most wild Barn Owls in the UK live in specially built n_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
4. The safest nestbox design is at least 460mm deep so that baby o_ _ _ _ _ don’t fall out before they can fly.
5. Barn Owls prefer perching on w_ _ _, which is warmer than metal or stone.
6. In Britain many Barn Owls live in old farm b_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, often using the same nesting places for hundreds of years.
7. Barn Owls have lived near people since f_ _ _ _ _ _ began about 5,500 years ago.
8. Barn owls live near where they can catch enough food, especially v_ _ _ _ and mice.
9. Barn Owls like to hunt over open fields with rough
tussocky g_ _ _ _ rather than among trees.
10. Countryside that is good for Barn Owls is also good for lots of other w_ _ _ _ _ _ _ such as other birds, insects and small mammals.
Click here to see the words that fill the spaces: