- Hook-over: For attaching a nestbox to a horizontal beam.
- Sliding battens: For a corrugated sheet wall with horizontal rails.
- U-shaped frame: For a timber wall rail that’s not wide enough to support the nestbox.
- Pair of stilts: For attaching an owl box to a vertical wood surface.
- Back bar: Uses a timber bar attached to the back of the box and a couple of wooden ‘hooks’.
Safety First: Make sure the ladder is tied off, all your PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT is ready, and put your hammer on the exercise platform of the nestbox.
If you are erecting the owl box in someone else’s building, always put your name and phone number on it in big letters (so it can be seen from the ground.). AND don’t forget to put the lid on!
Click on a photo to scroll through the gallery. Click on the black background or press esc to return to this page.