- Barn Owls usually lay between 4 and 6 rather small, white eggs.
- The main nesting season is March to August.
- The ‘nest’ is often a layer of old owl pellets.
- Traditional nest sites are often used for many generations.
- Nesting places are usually high up and hidden.
- Incubation begins as soon as the first egg is laid, lasting for 31-32 days.
- Eggs hatch every 2-3 days, usually in the order they were laid.
Click on a photo to scroll through the gallery. Click on the black background or press esc to return to this page.