These small bird nestboxes for gardens are based on the tried and tested British Trust for Ornithology design, with some carefully thought out improvements.
Made with long lasting pressure-treated softwood, these solid wood nesting boxes have two key features:
- Thick torch-on roofing felt (with no nails or piercings) forms the lid-hinge and overhangs the sides thus keeping eggs, chicks and nests completely dry.
- A metal plate stops Squirrels or Woodpeckers from widening the entrance hole.
Traditional nesting box design features:
- The nest box lid opens to enable easy access for inspection and cleaning.
- These small bird nestboxes do not have a perch on the front, as this is not necessary and may even offer access for predators.
- Ideal homes for Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Sparrows, Nuthatches, Pied Flycatchers and other wild, small hole-nesting birds.
Hand made and ‘built to last’ at the Barn Owl Trust’s headquarters in Devon UK.
Size: 230 x 410 x 250mm.
BTO Nest Box Challenge
To get the most out of putting up your nest box, take part in Nest Box Challenge and help to monitor the breeding success of birds in Britain’s green spaces. To take part, simply register your nest box online with the British Trust for Ornithology and then give regular updates on whether it is used, what birds are using it, and the progress of any nests.
Standard delivery to mainland Britain only. Deliveries to Highlands and Islands can be arranged at additional cost. Please contact us.
WE ARE UNABLE TO SEND NESTBOXES TO OTHER COUNTRIES except by special arrangement. Thank you.
All profits help Barn Owl conservation – ‘Making a difference’.