An illustrated introduction to the 5 owls living in the wild in Britain and Ireland, and how to ID & analyse their pellets.
Glossy four page fold-out field guide, beautifully illustrated with British owls, their pellets, and the contents you may find when dissecting pellets.
This easy to use identification chart is published by the Field Studies Council.
- 4 (double-sided) pages, 24.5cm x 17.5cm, lightweight but sturdy enough to pop in your rucksack.
- Laminated: showerproof, can be wiped clean.
- Full-colour detailed paintings showing owls perched and in flight.
- Text description of owl characteristics, taxonomy, adaptations for hunting, food chains and conservation status.
- Identification hints for each owl species, including body length, wingspan, call, habitat, UK breeding range, main prey and conservation status.
- Identification key to the contents of owl pellets.
- How to distinguish pellets produced by other birds (Kestrel, Sparrowhawk, Gull and Corvids).
- Where to look for pellets and how they can be prepared and dissected.
Produced by the Field Studies Council in partnership with the Hawk and Owl Trust.