All profits from the competition will help provide care for rescued owls.
We also hope to produce Volume 6 of our “Wildlife Words” Anthology in the Spring of 2020 using the entries submitted. There will be a First, Second and Third prize. Six runners up will also receive a certificate of commendation. The winner of our 2017 competition, Philip Burton has kindly agreed to be the judge of this year’s competition.
The competition is open to all writers and there is no limit to the number of entries.
The closing date is mid-day Friday 3rd of January 2020.
- The poem must not exceed forty (40) lines of any style.
- Poems must be the writer’s own original work, previously unpublished and not currently entered for any other competition.
- No corrections or alterations can be made after poems are submitted.
- The closing date is mid-day Friday 3rd January 2020.
- The Judge’s decision is final.
- Winners will be announced in our Spring 2020 issue of Feedback where the winning poem will be printed.
- Each poem is to be accompanied by a £4 (minimum) fee.
- Writers can submit multiple poems provided the correct fee is paid (£4 per poem).
- Entries should be in English, typed or neatly hand written on one side only of A4.
- If emailed – in the body of an email rather than as an attachment.
- If emailed, your name and address should be included in the body of the email to allow it to be separated from the poem(s) so they can be judged anonymously.
- If sending by post please include your name and contact details on a separate sheet of paper with the title of their poem – there should not be any identifying marks on the poem.
- Postal entries should be sent to “Poetry Competition” Barn Owl Trust,Waterleat, Ashburton, Devon TQ13 7HU and enclose an SAE if you wish to receive a printed copy of the results.
- Payment can be made by enclosed cheque payable to the Barn Owl Trust.