The subject is Wildlife or Wildlife Conservation.
See your work in print! We hope to produce Volume 5 of our popular ‘Wildlife Words’ anthology this autumn with some of the entries submitted.
There will be a First, Second and Third prize. Six runners up will also receive a Certificate of Commendation.
1st Prize – Barn Owl Adoption (12 months)
2nd Prize – Yeo Valley Cookbook
3rd Prize – Large Soft Toy Barn Owl
Last year’s deserved winner, Mary Woodward, has kindly agreed to be the judge of this year’s competition.
All profits from the competition help provide care for casualty owls.
Wildlife Poetry Competition Rules:
The closing date is mid-day Wednesday 5th July 2017.
The Competition is open to all writers and there is no entry form required or limit to the number of entries.
- The poem must not exceed forty lines of any style.
- Entries should be in English, typed or neatly hand written on one side only of A4 paper – or emailed – in the body of an email rather than as an attachment.
- Poems must be the writer’s own original work, unpublished and not currently entered for any other competition.
- No alterations can be made once poems are submitted.
- Each poem must be accompanied by a £4 (minimum) donation.*(see below)
- Writers may submit multiple poems. £4 per poem donation applies.
To allow the poem(s) to be judged anonymously:
- Postal entrants should include their name and address on a separate sheet with the title of their poem, there should be no identifying marks on the poem.
- Emailed poems should be sent in body of the email (not as an attachment). Please include the name and address of the entrant, so it can be separated from the poem.
The judge’s decision is final.
- Winners will be announced Autumn 2017 in ‘Feedback’ – our twice yearly magazine for supporters – where the winning poem will be printed.
*Postal entries should enclose a cheque made payable to Barn Owl Trust. Send to ‘Poetry Competition’ Barn Owl Trust, Waterleat, Ashburton, Devon TQ13 7HU. Enclose an SAE to receive a printed copy of the results.
*Send email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay the entry fee of £4 per poem via our Donations page, stating ‘Poem/s’ as reason for donation.
Don’t forget to include your name and contact details. Good luck!