Make your own Barn Owl pellet chocolate truffles
Looks yukky – tastes great!
Impress your friends and enjoy a delicious treat with this easy recipe.
Remember: always ask a grown up to help when you’re in the kitchen.
- 250ml double cream.
- 325g best quality milk chocolate chopped or broken into even sized chunks.
- 1/2 packet of finely crushed digestive biscuits.
- Cocoa powder, sifted.
- Dessicated coconut for covering.
In a heavy-based saucepan bring the cream up to simmering point.
- Cut the chocolate into evenly sized chunks and place into a glass mixing bowl.
- Pour the simmered cream onto the chocolate and mix well until smooth and glossy.
- Finely crush the digestive biscuits (wrap the biscuits in a freezer bag or cling film and crush to fine crumbs with a rolling pin). Add the crushed biscuits to the chocolate mixture as required until the mixture is stiff enough to hold together.
- Leave on a cold plate in a cool place for a little while, to cool and firm-up.
- When cooled enough to touch, take teaspoons of the truffle mixture, roll into pellet shaped ovals and dust with the ground cocoa powder and press on some dessicated coconut.
- Place your Owl pellet chocolate truffles in the fridge to set.
Eat and enjoy!