Do you qualify for a Free Nestbox Installation and On-site Habitat Advice?
The following criteria will be used:
- Your site is in Devon, East or North Cornwall, or West Dorset and not located within 1km of a motorway, dual carriageway, or similar fast major road,
- AND; You have a building or tree that is suitable for a nestbox (please email us photographs for confirmation),
- AND one or more of the following:
- Either: You currently have nesting Barn Owls (or they have nested recently) and the nest site has;
- recently been lost/become unsafe/unsuitable,
- or will be lost by the next breeding season,
- or the nest is unsafe and owlets have repeatedly fallen from the nest,
- Or; You have had one or more Barn Owls roosting regularly for several months and there is no suitable nesting place,
- Or; You manage or are willing to create and thereafter maintain at least 5 acres of good foraging habitat (rough tussocky grassland with a litter layer averaging 7cm deep),
- Or; You are actively part of a significantly large community project/plan that promotes land use which has the potential to benefit Barn Owls,
- Or; You are already in, or are in the process of applying for, an agri-environment scheme that benefits Barn Owls, you are claiming the cost of a nestbox, and are happy to forward that sum to us.
To apply for a Free Nestbox and On-site Habitat Advice please email email@example.com, with photographs of your building/chosen tree, and surrounding habitat.
We can also erect Barn Owl nestboxes within the above geographical area for a fee. Please contact us for a quote.