We depend entirely on your donations to support our work. Fundraising by supporters and volunteers is vital to Barn Owl conservation. Here are some ideas to get you thinking how you can make a difference…
Help raise funds by organising your own fun event:
- Hold a lunchtime sale: take in books you have read, DVDs and other bits and pieces you don’t want any more, and sell them to your colleagues (a good way of having a clear out).
- Bake some cakes or biscuits and sell to your colleagues for coffee/afternoon tea break.
- Hold your own sponsored event in your office or your working environment.
- Have a coffee morning/table top/yard/garage or plant sale for your friends and neighbours. This could be a nice way of making new friends!
- Hold a Quiz Night or a Cheese and Wine Party.
- Make and sell Owly gifts – cushions, doorstops, cards etc.
Get sponsored to get fit:
- A sponsored swim – get the whole family involved.
- Cycle 25, 50, 75, 100 miles – on a static bike maybe – as a group or solo.
- Organise a badminton/squash/bowls/skittles/darts competition.
- Sponsored dog walk – if you don’t have a dog, borrow someone else’s!
Suggest the Barn Owl Trust:
- Some businesses, companies or supermarkets select a charity to raise funds for a specific period. You could suggest that the Barn Owl Trust is considered.
- (Our registered charity number is 299 835.)
Give without money:
- There are a surprising number of ways to make a real difference even when you don’t have cash (or even much time) to spare. Discover how to help without money!
Insurance and permissions:
If you involve other people in your event you will need to carry out risk assessments and take out appropriate insurance to cover any injury which may occur, i.e on a sponsored walk if someone hurt themselves, they could possibly claim against you as the organiser.
In order to reassure the public that your fundraising event really is in aid of the Barn Owl Trust and that all the monies raised will benefit our work please email our office with your details and the plans for your event. We can help you with sponsor forms, posters and BOT leaflets.
Special licenses are often required for collections in the street – or any public place. Contact your local council to find out if you need a licence.
We are grateful for every penny raised and put all funds to very good use – thank you.