We are a very small charity and every penny donated is essential to our work. But you can make a big difference even without spare cash – here are some ways you may be able to help – click on the links to find out more:
- Donate an item we need (see list below) – and save the Trust money.
- Use Everyclick as your search engine – every time you search the web we get a donation.
- Donate your old car via Giveacar – contact them and they will arrange to collect the car. Choose to give either half or all of the proceeds to the Barn Owl Trust.
- Shop on-line with well-known, high street and on-line stores, using Easy fund raising or Give as you Live – by signing in before you start to shop, we can receive a small donation – without it costing you a penny.
- Collect and recycle various items, such as used stamps, old postcards, coins, medals, jewellery, keys etc. via Stamps’n all – please contact us if you are unsure about what else we can recycle.
- Donate goods for us to sell on eBay – good quality ‘owly’ items are always welcome.
- Have a clear out and donate up to 100% of the sale price of unwanted items you sell on eBay. Make the Barn Owl Trust your favourite charity, and list your item. Look for the tick box under ‘Raise money for your favourite charity through eBay’. You choose the percentage you want to donate, and as a reward you get credit for basic fees. Tick the Gift Aid box to increase the value of your donations!
- Donate prizes for our Grand Draw each December – we’d like new, good quality items or vouchers that are easy for us to post, i.e not bulky or heavy please – contact us with your ideas.
- If you live in Devon, become a volunteer.
- Raise funds for Barn Owls.
- Do your own thing – a few ideas for how you can get involved in helping Barn Owls.
Do you have anything we need?
Over the years the Trust has been given many items that have saved us money. Some are new but many are used and unwanted, gathering dust until we provide a new home. If you have any of the following items we would be delighted to receive them – thanks for looking:
- Wild bird food – mainly sacks of black sunflower seeds, also peanuts & plain canary seed.
- Wood for making outdoor nestboxes – sheets of 9 or 12mm tanalised softwood ply and lengths of 25 x 50mm tanalised batten.
- Anabat detector.
- Hand-held heterodyne bat detector.
- Waders – for working in the ponds.
- Metal detector.
- Small Plate Compactor.
- Drill-screwdriver bits.
- Set of sharp circular hole cutters (large sizes for cutting neat holes in plywood).
- Good quality Barn Owl winter scenes – especially photos or illustrations for Christmas card images.
- Wild Barn Owl pellets (we can never have too many).
- Anyone in the Ashburton area who could occasionally provide temporary lodging for a Barn Owl Trust volunteer, at a reasonable rate.
- Thick lino (min 16ft.6inch x 9ft 6inch) suitable for the office.
- Emulsion Paint (pale colour) sufficient to paint an office.
- A4 and A3 recycled paper and card, any colour.
- Bubble wrap.
- Brown packaging/parcel tape.
- A3 Rotary Trimmer for paper and card.
- Landranger and OS maps of Devon. Particularly Torbay/South Dartmoor area.
- Large curver boxes for casualties.
- Flora Britannica (Richard Mabey) book.
- Small folding “Gopak” type tables.
Donations of items on this list help our work and/or save us money. In the past we have been given things as diverse as a caravan to use at County Shows and office desks; from a microwave to defrost owl food, to garden rakes for cleaning aviaries. If you have anything else you believe we could use, recycle or sell please contact the office to check before sending it.
Thank you for helping.