Supporting the Trust
Poetry Competition 2014
PDF Documents are used throughout this site. Click here to get Adobe Reader to be able to view these documents.
In 2011 and 2012 our poetry competitions were a great success in raising money for the Trust. We had sufficient entries on both occassions to produce a "Wildlife Words Anthology".
We are now holding another Open Poetry Competition and you are invited to write a poem on "Wildlife/Conservation". All profits from the competition will help provide care for casualty birds. Depending on the number of entries we hope to produce a third "Wildlife Words Anthology" in the Autumn of 2014.
There will be a First, Second and Third prize. They along with six runners-up will receive a certificate of commendation. The winner of the 2012 competition Jackie Bennett has kindly agreed to be the judge of this year's competition. Jackie won with the first poem she had ever written for publication, this proves it's worth having a go! She is the author of "Wild About the Garden" (Channel 4, 1997) and "Your Wildlife Garden " (2011) and is currently writing another book.
The closing date for the competition is Wednesday 25th June 2014.
- The Competition is open to all writers and there is no entry form required or limit to the number of entries. The Topic is Wildlife/Conservation
- The poem must not exceed Forty lines of any style
- Entries should be in English, typed or neatly hand written on one side only of A4, if emailed - in the body of an email rather than as an attachment.
- Poems must be the writers's own original work, previously unpublished and not currently entered for any other competition.
- Entrants should include their name and address on a separate sheet with the title of thier poem if posted, there should not be any identifying marks on the poem. If emailed the name and address should be included in the body of the email to allow it to be separated from the poem(s)
- BOT cannot make corrections or alterations once poems are submitted.
- The closing date is Wednesday 25th June and the Judge's decision is final. Winners will be announced in the Autumn 2014 issue of Feedback where the winning poems will be printed.
- Each poem is to be accompanied by £3 (a minimum) fee. Writers can submit more than one poem provided the correct fee is paid (£3 per poem).
- Cheques should be made payable to Barn Owl Trust or pay on line.
- Send entries to "Poetry Competition" Barn Owl Trust, Waterleat, Ashburton, Devon TQ13 7HU and enclose an SAE if you wish to receive a printed copy of the results.
- Send entries by email to email@example.com with the entry fee of £3 per poem being made on our "Giving a Donation" page, stating "Poem" as reason for donation
Don't forget to include your name and contact details . Good luck !