Jobs & Volunteering
PDF Documents are used throughout this site. Click here to get Adobe Reader to be able to view these documents.
Conservation Assistant/ PA to Head of Conservation.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with an interest in conservation and farmland wildlife, to work as part of a small conservation team in a rural location. Based near Ashburton, South Devon. The right person must have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills. The role includes acting as a personal assistant to the Head of Conservation, general office admin tasks, arranging and attending events including visits to primary schools, dealing with a range of enquiries from the public and assisting with a variety of practical conservation jobs. A fantastic post for anyone interested in supporting a dedicated group of conservationists.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Ability to talk to a large variety of age ranges.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programmes.
- On occasion, willing to work outside the usual 9 to 5.
- Willing to get involved with practical tasks.
- Good knowledge of countryside issues.
The following would be an advantage:
- Creative writing skills.
- Experience with design programmes.
- A background in conservation/ecology/environmental education.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience of using social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Current Brushcutter certificate.
- Fundraising experience.
Salary £14, 324
All applications must be received by midday on Tuesday 6th May 2014
Interviews to be held w/c 12th May 2014
To apply please send a hand-written letter detailing why you would like to be considered for the role, the practicality of your relocation (if necessary) your CV and an A5 SAE to:
Conservation Assistant/PA post. Barn Owl Trust. Waterleat, Ashburton, Devon. TQ13 7HU
Trust vacancies are sometimes advertised through www.environmentjob.co.uk